How to Stop Your Cat from Biting Your Sandals
It can be frustrating when your furry feline friend starts to chew on your sandals. Not only does it wear down the shoe, but it can also be painful if your cat takes a nibble of your toes! Fortunately, there are a couple of methods you can use to help keep your cat from biting your sandals.
Provide an Alternative
The first step in getting your cat to stop attacking your sandals is to provide an alternate play/chew toy. By redirecting your cat’s attention to an appropriate item, they will be less likely to pay attention to your shoes. Some good alternatives include:
- Chew Toys – These are great for cats to chew on. The texture and the different shapes will keep your cat entertained!
- Catnip Toys – The scent of catnip will draw your cat in, giving them something to focus on.
- Scratching Post – This is great for cats to scratch, especially those who like to climb and jump.
Train him/her to Stay Out
Once you’ve provided an alternative to biting your sandals, it’s time to teach your cat to stay out of your shoe area. To do this, you’ll need to reward good behavior and remove the temptation of your sandals.
- Reward Good Behavior – Whenever you catch your cat not biting your sandals, reward them with a treat or by playing with them.
- Keep Shoes Out of Reach – Make sure you keep your sandals far away from your cat’s reach. This will reduce the temptation to chew on them.
By following these steps, you should be able to keep your cat from biting your sandals. Remember to be patient, as it can take some time for your cat to adjust to the new routine. Good luck!